Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Wow, I LOVE Mother's Day... I wish we could have it at least once a month!! Mountain View Ward always schedules the Father/Son campout for this weekend, which is an early present for those of us with sons!! Corey took BOTH boys (I was a little surprised and a little nervous!) and they had a great time. Our house was VERY mellow with just girls here, and we had a fun night together. Saturday morning, the girls went to an all day birthday celebration, (thanks, Gwen!!!), and I was left all to myself. It was pure heaven!! My house REALLY needed some attention, so I turned up the music and started cleaning. Two hours later, I was ASTOUNDED at how much I had accomplished!! I had NO idea how much I must usually get interrupted! I was so excited that I took myself right out to lunch!! AND went shopping!! And it wasn't even Mother's Day yet!!!

Today was wonderful, too... Corey TOTALLY spoils me and I LOVE it! It is a little weird to just sit while he's running around chasing the kids and making dinner, but I did! :) He made a feast for us and my parents, and we're so glad they could join us! Mom brought the best present ever! She always gets me plants for outside because this is DEFINITELY NOT my talent. She refilled 3 pots with flowers and herbs and they look delightful. The kids helped and it was a gorgeous day out. Wow... is it really almost over?? Well, until next year.....







4 comments:

Britt said...

Sounds like heaven. We had our father/son campout this weekend, not that it helped me any! Ahhhh. Almost over (clay is busy cleaning the kitchen as we speak). Until next year.

The Gage Cage said...

I LOVE the picture of you and your children on the white bench. i hope you frame that one and put it somewhere in your house. It is amazing how much can be accomplished if you don't get interrupted and if nobody destroys the work you just did. Gwen is awesome. Only two girls are lucky enough to have her as their sister. Fortunately, she'll be anybodies friend so anybody that knows her is still in luck!

hawkins said...

Krista is so nice to me. She is quite fantastic herself. I too love the pic of you and your kids. I had a blast with the girls on sat, your girls were perfect.

Angie Cleveland said...

it looks like you had a great mothers day. That is the cutest picture with you and your family on the swing. We missed Eliie in class yesterday. Mckenzie wanted to show her that she got her ears pierced like Eliie when we were in Utah. See you tomottow!-angie