Monday, August 25, 2008

Here we go!

The first day of school always evokes a mixture of emotions for me. Excitement and sadness are the most prevalent. It's SO fun to start a new school year... I asked Noah what he was doing in his room yesterday and he answered, "Just thinking about tomorrow!" Austen danced around all day yesterday counting the minutes until bedtime. (seriously!) And Ellie would just grin whenever anyone mentioned "Kindergarten". She can't WAIT to follow in the path of her siblings.

It was SO adorable the other day... I had to talk to Ellie about the "No Tolerance Policy" for school... no drugs, weapons, etc. She actually had to sign something that we had spoken about it. Later that night, Corey asked her if she was all ready for school. She answered and said, "Yes! And I know what NOT to bring." Corey was curious and asked her what this was. She answered, "Guns...and knives." She really was listening!!

I am so excited for them, but it also makes me a little sad to send my babies off to school knowing how fast the year goes and that they'll soon be yet another year older. Since there's nothing I can do about it, I guess I will enjoy a MUCH quieter home (and MAYBE a LITTLE cleaner), a little extra computer time (not to mention time for the 15 million things I SHOULD be doing!) and most importantly, one on one time with my little buddy Aidan. He's begging me to play with his train RIGHT NOW. Here we go....



8 comments:

hawkins said...

You beat me to a post! :)
I'm glad your morning went well. Liv LOVED pre school. She wore herself out though. She ate a few bites of lunch and wanted a nap. :)

The Ramos Family said...

Yeah! My 2 oldest start school tomorrow! I can't believe Luca will be in 1st grade. I'm looking forward to a little peace during the day and some extra playtime with my oft neglected 2 year olds. Have fun with Aidan!

The Gage Cage said...

After reading the smack talk you left on Gwen's blog I knew you'd have a 1st day of school post done. Looks like you and are in the exact same phase this year. I hope you have the very best teachers for your babies this year.

Kathryn said...

Lucky! I still have another week til my oldest goes back to school. The kids are driving me nuts with their arguing and screaming at each other the last week or so. They are tired of each other after a busy summer together. I'm so ready to have Katelyn in school. I'll miss her but I need a break! I'm so jealous of everyone whose kids are back at school already. haha!

The A.Wahls said...

Lexi thinks Ellie looks "beautiful"! Best wishes for a wonderful school year!

Boydston Family said...

I am so glad ellie will not be bringing knives and guns that gives me peace of mind!!! ha ha Clayton loved his first day, ella wanted to go also. I love the cheer outfit she is so cute!

brent.ekins said...

Loved your first day pictures. Have a great year, study hard, make lots of new friends, and enjoy every minute!
Love,
Nana

LindaSeagle said...

You have such cute kids!!!!! They take great pictures. Well it is one week of school and I hope that it all went well. Linda