Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camping.. finally!





We have been trying to fit in a camping trip all summer! It never happened since we were busy doing lots of other fun things!!! SO, we SQUEEZED one in this weekend. We told the kids earlier in the week, and I'm telling you it was all, especially Aidan, they could talk about! They were SO excited!

We have not camped all together for a few years, and our camping gear is in SERIOUS need of updating! We had THREE sleeping bags for the six of us! I brought lots of blankets and warm jammies, but we were ALL cold. Poor Corey got up before 6:00 to go and start a fire to get warm. (and I was happy because he stopped putting his cold feet on ME!)

Aside from a mediocre night's sleep, however, we had SO much fun! As we sat around the campfire eating s'mores, talking and laughing, I was so happy! We were having a great time together with absolutely NO distractions! (computer included!) :)

We have not been camping in a while because, let's be honest, it's a lot of work no matter what, and even it's even worse with babies!! (and it qualifies as certifiable torture if you are pregnant!) However, I told the gang that we have officially entered the CAMPING phase of our lives! Corey and I both LOVE to be outside, and we used to do lots of camping, hiking, mountain biking, etc. Then came the babies and this all dwindled. But, I'm happy to say that we're back!! This summer has proved it. Aidan is still chattering non-stop about sleeping in the tent. I just hope that next time we are a little warmer!! :)

Yes, Corey did bring an ENTIRE tree back the the campsite for our firewood!! I thought the kids were kidding....

8 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

What fun! The pic of the whole tree is hilarious. I must say, at first glance I thought..Who is that skinny man there? Corey is really looking great. Good for him!

Boydston Family said...

camping always is fun. We always think to go then we think how hard it would be with babies and then we never go. I guess we justhave to wait until our kids get older.

Britt said...

I echo Gwen. I had to look twice at the tree photo to see that skinny guy. He looks so familiar...

Glad you finally went camping. A lot of work pays off! We love camping.

The Gage Cage said...

Your husband looks sooo GOOD!

I was wondering....do you sleep at home much? ;-)

Jayne Ekins said...

You guys are so fun! It's too bad that the thrill of sleeping in a tent only declines after the age of two, but I agree still so fun. Corey looks awesome!

The Ramos Family said...

How fun! We only got the chance once this summer, but it was definitely a good time. We had to buy new sleeping bags too!

AnnieB said...

Hey Kirsten!
So many cute pics! Such cute kids! I love those moments of pure bliss when you're with your family and everything feels right in the world!
It was great to see you last month...you'll have to come back to San Ramon and swim some more! Next time we'll have to join you for Cheeseboard, concrete slides, and especially Beard Papa!

Jill said...

So, where did you go? You neglected to mention that! And actually, as long as you don't care how dirty your kids get, camping is not that bad, even with babies. You just need to get a tent that is big enough for a Graco pack-n-play.