wow. We had a seriously fun weekend! The Callaways came to visit and it's always a blast. Saturday and Sunday were spent playing non-stop. On Monday, we had ALL planned to go up to Sierra Summit to play in the snow. The weather report predicted "HEAVY SNOW", so our plans were modified... Clay would stay home with the little ones, and the rest of us would brave the snowstorm.
The weather guys got it right, and then some!!! HEAVY SNOW was an understatement. The mountain was GORGEOUS! The powder was INCREDIBLE. The beginners did AWESOME, especially considering the conditions. Britt and I's TWIN outfits (NOT planned!) made for many belly laughs.... like when Maren asked, "Which one is my mother??", and the way home was absolutely TERRIFYING.
Poor Corey was super stressed to get us all home safely. As the number of accidents we saw increased, the tension in the car also grew. We even got stuck in a snow bank for a few minutes before we were rescued by a friend that was literally behind us. We offered many prayers on this trip down the mountain, and I KNOW they were answered. When we finally made it out of the heavy snow, we felt like we had emerged from a war zone. Good times, for sure. It was a very memorable day, and I hope that the next time we all head up to ski, that it is SUNNY!
6 comments:
I am jealous! Sounds like a ton of fun, and I LOVE the twinner outfits! My sis's and I sometimes end up wearing the same stuff, too. The next time we go out together we are sure to call!
SO glad you are home safe! It looks like a very FUN day - a winter wonderland!
Thanks for the belly laughs. And the safe ride home...
Love the snowy pictures! Looks a bit cold though. :)
WOW! What crazy weather you had! Looks like it was a blast though. When we went to the snow yesterday, it was perfect and sunny! So fun!
Now you know why I could never move back to Utah. I had PTSD every day when I had to drive in it. Glad that you had such a good time with the Callaways.
Love,
Nana
Post a Comment