Monday, April 6, 2009

Hangin' Loose...

We are in Hawaii!!! It is our first trip and it has been SO fun! We are having a blast with John and Camille! They have both been here before and it has been so nice to be "along for the ride". They know where to go and what to do and it's perfect!

We started out at the Polynesian Cultural Center and loved it! It was super interesting. The evening show was amazing. The next day we went to a flea market in the morning and bought fun treats for the kids. In the afternoon, we went to the USS Arizona Memorial. It was very moving to be there and learn more about this. My grandfather was nearby at the time and watching the video of the attack was fascinating. We finished up there and hiked to the top of Diamond Head before heading to the Hard Rock cafe for dinner. The next day we went and saw a Buddhist temple. The temple and the setting were gorgeous!! We also did a little snorkeling.. well, everyone but me. The weather has been a little colder than we imagined it would be... I don't get in water to swim if it's under 100 degrees out!! It actually rained on us quite a bit today, so I watched from the shore. Corey, Camille, and John had a great time out looking for fish and turtles and saw a ton of cool marine life. (I read a good book and was in heaven)... The last day we rode bikes a few miles down the North Shore and watched the ocean... I saw some of the biggest waves I've EVER seen! It was GORGEOUS!! We spent the rest of the day on the beach...every time we'd get all set up, it would rain on us! It got to be a joke... but, still SO fun and SO beautiful...

It has been WONDERFUL to just relax and not have to worry about anything... JUST what I needed! I talked with the kids tonight on the phone and they were having a great time first with Nana and Papa, and now with Grandma. (MAHALO!) Definitely a win-win for everyone!! I highly recommend a trip to paradise...












5 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, so jealous. I need a trip. Looks like a blast.

Kathryn said...

I'm just a wee bit jealous. I'd love to go to Hawaii. Guess we should start saving some money.

emily salway said...

Mike and I are planning a trip there this Fall. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and get some tips when you get back.

shelleyv said...

Aloha! i am so excited for you. Hawaii is so fun. You never get tired of it. It is always nice to check out of your life for a few days.

The A.Wahls said...

So fun! Camille said she had such a great time and it sure looks like you did too!