Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long Live Nana Camp!

What a fabulous idea!! Mom asked if the kids could come to Nana camp this summer for 4 days of activities, cooking, star gazing, needlepoint, cousins, trips to the movies and farmer's market, planting succulents, a photo scavenger hunt, a play performance, scout things passed off (!), etc., and MOST IMPORTANTLY time with Nana and Papa. I asked, "WHEN?? They'll be there!!!"

Even Aidan got to go for a lot of the time and he was THRILLED. And all of a sudden... I was alone!!! After a summer FULL of kids and constant activities, I had forgotten what that was like! Don't get me wrong... I love having my kids with me in the summer, but this actually felt a little like heaven. I found myself singing in the car as I headed to the gym, got my hair cut, and took myself to lunch AND read a book while eating! ALL BY MYSELF.

And it gets even better...!!! Corey was able to take Friday off! So, we decided to go and check out San Luis Obispo and Pismo! We had a fantastic time wandering around and exploring... sans kiddos. Amazing. Everyone needs to do this once in a while.

SO, I'm thinking this was a win-win for everyone... Kids were being thoroughly enriched spending quality time with grandparents and cousins, and parents were getting a little bit of r & r. (Britt and Clay also squeezed in a trip!) Hopefully Nana agrees! :) THANKS MOM AND DAD!








3 comments:

Jayne said...

Nana is the best! Can we saint this woman?

Dana said...

Glad they could come. We played alot, ATE alot, laughed alot. Here's to Nana Camp!

Britt said...

Nana camp rules. Yes, we can saint her...