I, for some unknown reason, volunteered to cook a turkey for the event. Here's the problem... I've never done this before! (and Corey was out of town!!!) This particular feat was more than a little intimidating for me... I got the turkey in the oven by 6:15, (after a phone call to my mom asking for advice on how to find the giblets!!) and everything seemed to be going smoothly... I took it out a little before 9, let it sit while I finished getting the kids to bed, and then got all set to carve the thing. I broke into it and had serious doubts about it being completely done. (I even made my dad come over!) This is something that completely freaks me out, so back in the oven it went.... when I was STILL carving the turkey at 11:30 p.m. (yes, it was definitely done by then!!!), I was then having serious doubts about my sanity.
HOWEVER, after all that... when I attended the feast the next day, it was all worth it. The cute pilgrims and indians completely won me over. So. adorable.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
3 comments:
What a fantastic feast! Love the period costumes. Condolences to the turkey's family.
Oh that looks fun! My daughter's 1st grade class did that last year, also somethimg her teacher had done every year. But it was just the food....she didn't go all out with the cute costumes and place settings. That is just way too cool!
That looks like it was a lot of fun. She did a great job on the costumes those are so cute!!! Or maybe it was the little girl wearing it, she makes things look cute!!! =)
Post a Comment