As I was trying to listen and be edified, the kids were TRYING to be good, but we finally sent Aidan outside to find the cat. Two hours is a little long for him. (actually, 2 MINUTES is a little long for him!) The kids were fairly busy with the Conference Bingo (the Skittles were a hit), and other activities I found online. (thank goodness for those!!) I also had fun trying hairdo's on the girls that I usually don't have time for. Corey made a DELICIOUS breakfast for us, complete with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and cinnamon pull-aparts. He promptly informed us how many calories we had consumed, but I didn't care. It's such a treat to cuddle up on the couch, listen with my family, and enjoy the day.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
That time again...
It's conference time again. I have been so excited to hear the words of our leaders. We are so blessed to have this sacred instruction every six months. Every talk I heard was so wonderful, and I almost feel like it's too much to digest in one sitting. There is so much to do and improve, it can be overwhelming. President Monson's talk, however, emphasized to me to just keep trying our very best, to focus on the things that are MOST important, and to enjoy the journey. I LOVE that. I really am trying to delight in each day and the memories that we as a family are making together.
As I was trying to listen and be edified, the kids were TRYING to be good, but we finally sent Aidan outside to find the cat. Two hours is a little long for him. (actually, 2 MINUTES is a little long for him!) The kids were fairly busy with the Conference Bingo (the Skittles were a hit), and other activities I found online. (thank goodness for those!!) I also had fun trying hairdo's on the girls that I usually don't have time for. Corey made a DELICIOUS breakfast for us, complete with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and cinnamon pull-aparts. He promptly informed us how many calories we had consumed, but I didn't care. It's such a treat to cuddle up on the couch, listen with my family, and enjoy the day.




As I was trying to listen and be edified, the kids were TRYING to be good, but we finally sent Aidan outside to find the cat. Two hours is a little long for him. (actually, 2 MINUTES is a little long for him!) The kids were fairly busy with the Conference Bingo (the Skittles were a hit), and other activities I found online. (thank goodness for those!!) I also had fun trying hairdo's on the girls that I usually don't have time for. Corey made a DELICIOUS breakfast for us, complete with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and cinnamon pull-aparts. He promptly informed us how many calories we had consumed, but I didn't care. It's such a treat to cuddle up on the couch, listen with my family, and enjoy the day.
Labels:
family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love how you had to have Aidan go chase the cat! After telling both my girls over and over to quit fighting during Sat. morning session, I finally gave up and tivo'd the whole thing. I'll take the time and watch them when they go to bed each night. I blame the little one....she can't ever be apart from big sister but then drives her nuts. I can't wait to rewatch Saturday session and then the others. I've heard so much good about it all.
We only got to watch Sunday morning, but plan to get caught up this week (we better, as the dvr is getting full!). Glad the big ones did great! Love that Aidan.
That pull apart bread is calling me. Looks YUMMY! It was fun to see you last night and to finally meet your family. I love what you did to your girls hair yesterday BTW. Very cute. I'm glad Aidan and "Jep" had fun with each other. They are cute rascals!
Gee -- I'm thinking Josh needs to read this post. I could have really enjoyed some pull-apart bread conference morning! I agree, I love conference Sunday and am especially glad to get it in print next month so I can digest it better -- without interruptions from the "littles" :-)
Fun pictures of Aidan's birthday and Austin's volleyball too!
I LOVE conference weekend! I'm glad you all had a great weekend too. Let Corey know he's welcome to come and cook for us any day!
Post a Comment