It's a very bittersweet day... on one hand I can't believe I have a twelve year old. It seems like just yesterday she was learning to walk, going to kindergarten, losing teeth, etc. And now she's in Young Women's, going to Jr. High in the fall, getting prettier every day, and wanting to wear make-up!!!!
On the other hand, I HAVE A TWELVE YEAR OLD!!! She has already had several "practice runs" with the whole babysitting thing, but she is official now! And THIS is very exciting. We are going OUT this weekend and Austen's in charge!! :)
The fact that she is super responsible and wonderful with her siblings makes this even better. Austen is an amazing girl and I don't know what I'd do without her. She has been SO busy this year, and things have slowed down recently. It's hilarious because she's BORED out of her mind!! She will accomplish many wonderful things in her life because of her energy and her dedication. I love her with all that I am. Happy birthday, sweetie. It's been another great year, and I'm excited (gasp!) for what lie in store.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Austen! Wow 12, I still remember getting a birth announcement from you after she was born. And now she's old enough for girl's camp! How exciting!
Oh my gosh. I can't wait for you to babysit the whole clan. Can we go ahead and schedule it not...
Seriously, Happy Birthday by mini me.
Yay Austen! I love Beehives.
You are truly one SPECIAL girl, Austen! I'm so proud of you. I loved the black and white picture of you on the bench in your back yard--beautiful.
Nana
Post a Comment