Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day!


We had an awesome fourth! I love the holiday because it's usually such a relaxing and fun day. It's all about celebrating our freedoms and blessings, family, and friends. And of course, FIREWORKS! Aidan is STILL talking non-stop about those!

We started the night before with the fireworks show at Wild Water. The kids and I had SO much fun swimming, and then watching the entertainment. (Austen's favorite part was the Elvis impersonator... NOT!) I bought "glow" bracelets for the occasion. That was definitely one of the best dollars I have ever spent!

The next morning we attended the ward's Fourth of July breakfast. I decorated the wagon and 2 scooters so the kids could be in the parade. They looked adorable racing around the cultural hall. We then headed over to the Christensen's to swim (again!). THANKS!!! :) We love going there. The pool and company are fantastic!!

We concluded the day having a delicious feast at mom and dad's. She always goes all out and we are the lucky recipients! They have the total hook-up for fireworks at their house... we can see the local high school's show from their front yard! Lots of friends joined us for the show and we ate treats and oohed and aahed. Aidan was awestruck! It really was a great show... we were all a little wowed! A perfect end to the day.



5 comments:

Britt said...

So cute. I love that you did your page already. I heart the fourth.

Gwen Hawkins said...

Love the pictures. I love that page! I'll have to snag the digi stuff.We had such a blast hanging with you guys. I'm not loving that smilebox thing I did. I didn't realize it was a slide. i want to go back and fix it later and put those pics onto pages. I worked on my Hawaii book for over 4 hrs last night. I'm hoping to finish that after bedtime tonight!

The Gage Cage said...

Austen is such a cute poser! I've heard about the not super impressive Elvis at Wild Water. I'm glad you and your family had a great time!

The A.Wahls said...

Looks like a fun fourth! I love Aiden with his buzz cut and your "Summer pages" all look awesome! Way to go!

The Ramos Family said...

Once again, great pics! Happy 4th of July to you all, and Happy 24th (in advance)!