Monday, June 23, 2008

In God's country (Southern Utah)


We returned home last night from our southern Utah adventure. We traveled to Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point, and Zion National parks with my parents and the Callaways. We absolutely had a blast! It was SO fun to be together.

The kids were troopers... we hiked almost every day and truly saw some of the most amazing scenery in the entire country. (I posted way too many pictures, but they're totally worth a look for the scenery alone!!) Our longest hike was 3 miles round trip (with a 2 and a 3 year old!) to "Delicate Arch"... It was long and it was hot, but the looks on the kids' faces made when we made it to the top were completely worth it!!

We also swam a lot (the pools felt SO good after a day in the desert!) Corey, Dad, and I were able to mountain bike in Moab (Corey was in heaven!), and Corey and I saw "Othello" at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City while the rest of the group saw "Sound of Music" at the Tuachan Theatre in St. George.

We can't wait for the next adventure!! And we would LOVE to have everyone there one of these years!!!! :)




10 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

What a great trip! I love all the pics. Glad you guys made it home safely.

The A.Wahls said...

As always, you took some awesome photos...such beautiful scenery! I have to say that I'm impressed you did that with your kids. I went there for my senior trip and remember it being quite a hike to the delicate arch, not to mention how scared of falling I felt once I got up there. I would've had a heart-attack with Aubrey up there! Glad you had a safe trip.

Boydston Family said...

wow!! i love all the pics. The mountains there are amazing. I love how ellie is wearing a skirt hiking she is all girl. glad you guys had fun.

Britt said...

have you recovered yet? my laundry is still knee deep!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So fun! I can't wait to get down to Southern Utah the end of July! The last time I was in Arches was a camping trip with a few friends from SUU... (I have some very scary pictures of Andrew!) Do you remember stopping to help someone with car trouble and not getting into Moab until the middle of the night? Ah, the memories!

Dana said...

I enjoyed every single picture! What a bunch of photogenic kids. We will remember this trip for years to come. Love, Nana

The Gage Cage said...

It was fun to see you this morning for a split second at the movies. Every time I turn around you have a post about a new trip. You guys are amazing! When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Angie Cleveland said...

I am sad to say that out of all of my years living in Utah I never have done that trip. Now that we live away I guess we need to do it! What a great family vacation.

AnnieB said...

Great pictures and great soundtrack! What beautiful families in a beautiful setting! I need to go to Arches!--we've done Zion but that's it. You've inspired me!